This GSEB Class 8 Maths Notes Chapter 4 Practical Geometry covers all the important topics and concepts as mentioned in the chapter.
Practical Geometry Class 8 GSEB Notes
→ With the help of a ruler and compass angles like 90°, 45°, 60°, 30°, 75°. 105°, 120°, 150° can be constructed. Angles like 35°, 25°, 50°, 65°, … cannot be constructed by using ruler and compass. We need protractor to construct such angles.
→ With the help of the following measurements we can construct quadrilaterals:
- Four sides and a diagonal
- Three sides and two diagonals
- Four sides and an angle
- Three sides and two included angles
- Two adjacent sides and three angles
- Using special properties of a square or a rhombus, etc.
→ In all cases it is convenient and helpful to draw a rough sketch of the quadrilateral and indicate data there in. This suggests the steps of construction.