Gujarat Board GSEB Solutions Class 7 English Second Language Sem 1 Revision Textbook Exercise Questions and Answers.
GSEB Std 7 English Textbook Solutions Sem 1 Revision
GSEB Class 7 English Revision Text Book Questions and Answers
1. Read the story :
Kanjusmal was rich but he was a miser He spent very little money. He ate very cheap His watchman lived in a hut near his gate. The watchman liked Methi Pakoda. So his wife made Methi Pakoda every day. One day the miser passed by the hut. He caught the smell of Methi
Pakoda. He liked it very much.
Kanjusmal said to the watchman. “I smell something good. What is it ?” The watchman replied, “It is Methi Pakoda.” Kanjusmal said, “Please cook it every day. I like its smell.” So the watchman and his wife made it every day.
One day they went to Kanjusmal and said, “Sir, you like the smell of Methi Pakoda. So we cook it every day. But Methi Pakoda is not cheap. We spend a lot of money on oil and besan.” Kanjusmal went inside and shut the door.
He took some silver coins and dropped them one by one on the floor. Then the miser came out and said, “Did you hear the sound – of the silver coins ?”
“Yes, sir, we did”, they said.
“Did you enjoy it ?”
“Yes sir, very much.”
The miser said, “I enjoyed the smell of your Methi Pakoda. You enjoyed the sound of my money. I will not ask you to give me Methi Pakoda. And you don’t ask for my money. That is a deal. Now, go away and prepare Methi Pakoda.”
2. Strike out the improper words:
(1) Kanjusmal was ✗poor/wealthy.
(2) Kanjusmal spent very little money /lots of money✗
(3) Kanjusmal ate ✗costly/cheap food.
(4) Watchman’s wife made methi pakoda / methi gota ✗ every day.
(5) The watchman thought that Kanjusmal was ✗angry / happy.
(6) Kanjusmal went ✗outside / inside the house and / ✗opened shut the door.
3. નીચેના જેવા અર્થવાળાં વાક્યો વાર્તામાંથી શોધીને લખો :
Kanjusmal was very wealthy.
Kanjusmal was very rich.
Kanjusmal’s watchman lived close to his gate.
His watchman lived in a hut near his gate.
Watchman’s wife always prepared Methi Pakoda.
His wife made Methi Pakoda every day.
Kanjusmal liked the smell of Pakoda.
He caught the smell of Methi Pakoda.
He liked it very much.
Kanjusmal went into the house and closed the door.
Kanjusmal went inside and shut the door.
Kanjusmal counted the silver coins dropping them on the floor.
He took some silver coins and dropped them one by one on the floor.
Complete these sentences :
(1) The price of sugar is ₹ 40.
(2) The name of the shop is Kishan Provision Store.
(3) In this bill the quantity of rice is more than tuver dal.
(4) What is costlier Sugar or coconut oil? Coconut oil .
(5) The cost of rice is ₹ 56.
(6) What is the total amount of the bill ? ₹ 809.
(7) How many items are there in the bill ? 7 items.
(8) When did Meenaben buy these things ? 12 September, 2013
5. વાક્ય વાંચી તે વાક્ય કોને લાગુ પડે છે તે તમારા પાઠ્યપુસ્તકના આધારે ઉદાહરણમાં બતાવ્યા પ્રમાણે લખો :
Example: I can see far. I have got the s sharp eyes. — Sharper eyes
(1) My friend helped me and I married I a princess — Sohansen
(2) My father made me a golden leaf and a silver fish — Princess ?
(3) I turned myself into a crow and flew away into the jungle. — King
(4) I ran faster than the wind and brought , the princess back before sunset. — Longer legs
(5) I like the smell of Methi Pakoda. — Kanjusmal
(6) I am the Mayor of Sardarnagar. — Sharada Modi
(7) My father gave me a bicycle as a gift. — Tejasvini
(8) I rode the bicycle on the rough path. — Tejasvini
(9) They put their feet into the water. — Shivani and Nitu
(10) They gathered under the banyan tree. — Father, Mother, Shivani and Nitu
6. નીચેનાં છ વાક્યોમાં કેટલાક શબ્દો અદલબદલ થઈ ગયા છે, તે શબ્દો નીચે લીટી દોરેલ છે. તેમને સુધારી અર્થપૂર્ણ વાક્યો બનાવો :
Example: I started my teeth three times yesterday.
I cleaned my teeth three times yesterday.
(1) The cat went out of the room. Then I visited the window.
The cat went out of the room. Then I shut the window.
(2) The programme got at 6.30 and shut at 9.30 o’clock.
The programme started at 6.30 and finished at 9.30 o’clock.
(3) The accident finished last Saturday evening.
The accident took place last Saturday evening.
(4) We caught Sasan Gir but we did not find any lion.
We visited Sasan Gir but we did not find any lion.
(5) I took place the bus but didn’t get the seat.
I caught the bus but didn’t get the seat.
7. Read the passage and dialogues :
(સંવાદ પૂર્ણ કરો. કૌસમાંથી યોગ્ય phrases /questions પસંદ કરો.)
(Practice; you can do it; papa’s coaching; Thank you, sir; How old are you For two hours)
Rutva Pathak studies in Std. 7. She is twelve years old. She won the cycle race. She got the silver medal. She was very happy. A journalist came to her and asked some questions.
Journalist: Congratulation, Rutva.
Rutva : Thank you, sir.
Journalist: How do you feel after winning the race ?
Rutva : Umm, quite fine.
Journalist: How old are you?
Rutva: I am 12. Actually, I am younger than all other participants.
Journalist: What helped you to win the race ?
Rutva : Practice and papa’s coaching.
Journalist: And tell me about your practice time ?
Rutva: I practised cycling in the morning.
Journalist: Any dream ?
Rutva: Yes, to participate in the Olympic and represent India.
Journalist: Sure, we hope you can do it.
Rutva : Thank you.
8. તમારી પાસે સાઇકલ છે? તમારી / તમને ગમતી સાઇકલ વિશે ચાર-પાંચ વાક્યો લખો : કૌસમાં આપેલા મુદ્દાઓનો ઉપયોગ કરો.
(colour – seat-front wheel-rear wheel – pedals-enjoy riding)
I like my bicycle very much. My bicycle is new. It is black in colour. It has a red seat. It is soft. It has a small basket. It is red, too. My bicycle has a small lamp. It has a nice, small bell. I like to ride my bicycle every day in the garden. Sometimes, I also go to school on my bicycle. I enjoy riding my bicycle.
9. શબ્દજોડીઓ મોટેથી વાંચો :
(1) Bring — Brought
(2) Catch — Caught
(3) Drink — Drank
(4) Spend — Spent
(5) Make — Made
(6) Give — Gave
(7) Know — Knew
(8) Take — Took
(9) We — Wore
(10) See — Saw
(11) Sleep — Slept
(12) Throw — Threw
(13) Begin — Began
(14) Go — Went
(15) Corne — Came
(16) Become — Became
(17) Buy — Bought
(18) Write — Wrote
(19) Hide — Hid
(20) Meet — Met
(21) Tell —Told
આ શબ્દોના Playing Cards બનાવી Unit 2 મુજબ રમત રમો.
નોંધઃ શિક્ષકશ્રીએ પરિણામપત્રક તૈયાર કરતી વખતે મુખ્ય વિષયોમાં કુલ 80 ગુણમાંથી મેળવેલ ગુણને 2 વડે ભાગતાં આવનાર ગુણને પરિશિષ્ટના લેખિત મૂલ્યાંકનના 40 ગુણના કૉલમમાં દર્શાવવાના રહેશે.
સૂચના : નીચેના સ્વ-મૂલ્યાંકન પ્રશ્નપત્રના ઉત્તરો તમારી જાતે લખવાના છે. એક રૂમમાં બેસી બરાબર 3 કલાકના સમયમાં આ પ્રશ્નપત્રના ઉત્તરો લખો. પ્રશ્નપત્રના ઉત્તરો લખી રહ્યા પછી તમારા શિક્ષકશ્રી પાસે તપાસરાવો. તમારી ભૂલો જાણી તેને સુધારી લો.